Searching for arrest warrants in Whiteside County will require you to visit the Clerk of Court’s office and the Sheriff’s Office. In Whiteside County, judges issue arrest warrants that open active court cases. The arrest warrant is then directed to the Sheriff’s Office for service. Therefore, these two offices are the best resources you have for finding arrest warrants in Whiteside County. The Sheriff’s Office has information on outstanding warrants, and the Clerk’s Office has information on criminal cases pending before the courts with jurisdiction within the county. Either resource provides a good starting point for your warrant search; however, a complete search for arrest warrants will include both offices.
The Circuit Clerk is responsible for maintaining all traffic, civil and criminal cases filed in Whiteside County. The public can search the court records for open criminal cases and active warrants during regular business hours. There is no fee for searching records; however, if you want to make copies of any court records, you will be charged a fee. The Clerk’s website has a list of each division within the Clerk’s Office with contact information for each division. To find arrest warrants, your best starting point would be the General Division.
The Whiteside County Sheriff’s Office maintains records about all arrest warrants served through its office. Here you can request copies of arrest records, a list of outstanding warrants, or a criminal background report. The office is located at 400 N. Cherry Street in Morison, IL 61270. You should contact the records division during regular business hours to inquire about their procedure for requesting copies of arrest records or other documents.
Can you get any information about Whiteside County warrants and arrest over the phone? (2021-Update)
- For details on recent arrests made by the Whiteside County Sheriff’s Office, call the non-emergency phone number of the agency- (815)772-4044
- For an inmate search and information on inmate services, call the Whiteside County Jail at (815) 772-5203.
- To inquire about outstanding warrants, arrest records and criminal background checks, call the Records Division at (815) 772-5217.
- To get information about victim’s assistance, contact the State Attorney’s Office at (815) 772-5194 (Morrison) and (815) 535-4540 (Sterling).
- To know more about accessing criminal court records, contact the Circuit Clerk’s Office at (815) 772-5188 (Morrison) and (815) 772-5188 (Sterling).
Whiteside County, IL crime data
In 2019, the Whiteside County Sheriff’s Department handled about 96 criminal complaints. Around 80 of the complaints were related to property offenses while 17 were linked to violent crimes. In the property crimes category, burglary and larceny-theft accounted for more than 35 complaints each. In the violent crimes category, aggravated assault and rape accounted for 8 complaints each.
Whiteside County is the 24th largest county in Illinois, with almost 60,000 residents. The county does not report crime rates; however, the State of Illinois averages approximately 400,000 crimes per year.