In Lawrence County, Illinois, a warrant search can be initiated through the magistrate’s court, the department of the clerk of court, and the sheriff’s office. However, apart from these agencies, a federal entity is also in charge of keeping records about all outstanding warrants issued in Lawrence.
Information on all active orders that cannot be executed within a reasonable period is sent to the FBI, and they include this data in their central repository of crime. From here, just about any law enforcement officer can access this information as and when needed. It is usual for an individual to be run through this database if he is involved in an altercation with the law.
There are three options for regular folks who would like to do an arrest warrants search when seeking this information. You can approach the judiciary or the police at the addresses mentioned below. These agencies will charge a small fee for giving you details on Lawrence’s arrest records as well as warrants. To initiate the inquiry, you will have to visit the agency office in person at:
- The police: 1306 Lexington Ave, Lawrenceville, Illinois 62439
- The magistrate: 1100 State St, Lawrenceville, IL 62439
Another option is to go to the Lawrence county clerk; this agency gives the public access to their court dockets database. Information on civil and criminal judicial provisions like bench warrants, search orders, and active warrants can be found in this repository. To get in touch with the agency, you will have to head to Lawrence County’s courthouse, located at 1100 State St.
Finally, you can get a warrant search done online. For this, you will have to fill the form given above. However, the database that you are given access to is not hosted by a government source. Yet, the data maintained by this third-party information vendor is 100% accurate.
How do you get information on Lawrence County arrests and warrants over the phone? (2021-Update)
- To learn the procedure for a warrant search and to file a request for arrest records, call the Sheriff’s Department at 618-943-8094.
- To find out about recent arrests, call 618-943-5766.
- To get information about inmates housed in the Lawrence County Correctional Center, call 618-936-2064.
- To get information on criminal complaints handled by the Lawrenceville PD, including arrests effected by the agency, call 618-943-4946.
- To access information about a criminal case handled by the Circuit court, contact the clerk at 618-943-2815
- To know about victim’s assistance offered by the office of the State Attorney, call 618-943-3117.
Lawrence County, IL Crime Statistics
Lawrence County figures in the middle of the range when it comes to the frequency of crime occurrence and the number of criminal complaints filed. According to the most recent data submitted (2014), the area has a violent crime average of 13/100,000 residents and a property crime rate of 21/100,000 residents. Both are well below the national averages.
In Lawrence County, IL, a distinct downtrend was observed in the rate of overall criminal activity, which went down from over 330 incidents in 2006 to just about 165 cases in 2010. In terms of crime category, thefts were prevalent, with over 30 incidents recorded in 2010, while sexual assault had the lowest risk rate with just 1 case filed in such a matter in the year mentioned above.