If you or one of your loved ones is taken into custody unexpectedly, this can wreak havoc on your life. For one, incarceration and release are both expensive prospects; you will not only have to pay bail but will also have to enlist the help of an attorney. Then, there are the professional ramifications of an arrest to consider, which can be quite devastating. So, if you were ever involved in legal trouble, it would certainly help to find out if you have a warrant in your name instead of letting the law catch you by surprise.
To this end, it is also crucial to learn a bit about warrants and how they can be used against you. An arrest order issued by a criminal court in Rock Island County, IL, is an active arrest warrant. It is only handed over to the police if enough evidence is found against the person in question.
If for some reason, you have not been arrested despite a warrant being out in your name, it would be a grave error to assume that your indiscretions have been forgotten and forgiven. You’ve just been lucky to have evaded arrest so far. Still, any contact with the legal department and all your past criminal records will be accessed, including any pending arrest orders saved in the system as outstanding arrest warrants.
The Sheriff’s Department of Rock Island County, IL, located at 1317-3rd Ave, Rock Island, Illinois 61201, will have all the information about arrest records in their jurisdiction. For a small fee, the law enforcement agency does offer these details to the general public.
How do you get information on Rock Island County arrests and warrants over the phone? (2021-Update)
- For information on recent arrests, call Correctional Center at (309) 558-3425.
- To request an accident report, arrest records and crime reports, call the Records Section at (309) 794-1230.
- For information on arrest warrants, call the Warrants Division at (309) 558-3413
- To learn more about the investigation of a criminal case, call the Investigations Division at (309) 558-3414.
- For general information and to file a non-emergency report, use the 24-hour phone number of the Sheriff’s Office- (309) 794-1230
- For victim’s assistance and information, call the State Attorney’s Office at (309) 558-3230.
- To find out more about requesting criminal court records, call the Clerk of the Circuit Court at (309) 558-3538.
Crime Statistics of Rock Island County, IL
The Rock Island County Sheriff’s Department received 25% fewer criminal reports in 2019 than the prior year. In contrast to the annual average of nearly 370 cases in 2018, only about 270 were reported in 2019. Over 220 of the complaints were for property offenses, while over 50 were for violent crimes.
As far as the crime situation in Rock Island goes, there have been improvements and deterioration. For instance, the number of homicides went up from 1 in 1999 to 3 in 2010. On the other hand, the number of sexual assault and rape cases went down from over 70 to below 50. Minute improvement was also observed in robberies, burglary, and theft cases, including auto theft, which went down to 207 from 260