Many people conduct arrest warrant searches in Stark County, IL, every year. However, a few believe that this is an unnecessary formality that can be done away with. These individuals have not taken a look at the ever-increasing crime rates that have been reported across the country.
No, there is no cynicism involved in looking for details on Stark County arrest records and outstanding warrants. It is just a matter of being cautious. So, if you are ready to conduct such an inquiry, some information will come in handy.
The cops play an operative role when it comes to the release of active warrants in Stark County. They petition the courts for these directives, effectively relaying information on the criminal occurrence and the suspected offender to the judiciary. After this is done, the spotlight shifts to the magistrate’s office, which decides on whether the police have a relevant reason to request the issue of an arrest warrant.
If the order is released, it is sent to the sheriff’s office, which arrests under its provisions. Through all of this, the county clerk’s office also has its tasks to perform. This department holds the court dockets database, collecting trial data from all the tribunals in the area. So, to find out about Stark County arrests and outstanding warrants, you can go to:
- The sheriff’s: 130 W Jefferson, Toulon, Illinois 61483
- The magistrate’s: 130 W Main St, Toulon, IL 61483
- The county clerk’s: PO Box 97, Toulon, Illinois 61483
How do you get information on Stark County arrests and warrants over the phone? (2021-Update)
- For information on recent arrests and outstanding warrants and general inquiries, use the non-emergency phone number of the Sheriff’s Dispatch Desk- (309) 286-2551.
- For arrest records, police reports, accident reports, and criminal records, get in touch with the Sheriff’s Office at (309) 286-2541.
- For victim’s assistance, call the State Attorney’s Office at (309) 286-3221.
- For information on filing a request for a criminal background search, call the Office of the Clerk of Court at (309) 286-5941.
Crime Statistics of Stark County, IL
33 cases of property crimes and 9 cases of violent crimes were investigated by Stark County Police in 2019. The annual crime average of 42 incidents was nearly 20% lower than the annual average of 2018, which stood at 53 cases.
All the cases filed in the violent crimes category were against rape. The reported property crimes included 8 burglaries, 12 larceny-theft reports, and 3 motor vehicle thefts.
In 2011, approximately 210 criminal incidents were reported in Stark County, Illinois. Of these crimes, the majority were property-related at 102 incidents. In contrast, there were no murders or rapes reported in the area through this period. Even assaults brought in only two complaints showing that violent crimes were not as common as property-related infractions.