An arrest warrant search in Jasper County, IL, can be launched to scan through the past of a prospective job candidate or even a new acquaintance who has recently entered your circle of friends. Of course, the information found through such inquiries can also be used to look for details on new neighbors.
When you initiate a search for Jasper County arrest records and warrants, you will be told about every criminal infraction that involved the subject, regardless of how old the case is. Criminal records are made inaccessible to the public if a court orders such information’s expungement.
However, for this to happen, a significant amount of time will have to go by after completing the sentence, and even then, if the crime in question is a felony, the records may not be removed.
There are two ways to look for information on active warrants from Jasper County, and you can approach a state department or go to a private organization. For the latter, use the form given on top of this webpage. If you have an official use for the information you find, try looking for data on outstanding warrants through state agencies. You can find all the details you need on warrants and arrests through the following justice entities:
- The sheriff: 106 E Morgan, Newton, Illinois 62448
- The magistrate: 100 W Jourdan St, Newton, IL 62448
- The clerk of court: Given above
How do you get information on Jasper County arrests and warrants over the phone? (2021-Update)
- To file a non-emergency complaint and to get a warrant search done, call the Jasper County Sheriff’s Office at 618-783-8477.
- To find out about recent arrests, dial the phone number of the Jasper County Jail- 618-783-3462.
- To learn the procedure for a warrant search and a local criminal background check, call the law enforcement office at 618-783-3057.
- To contact Victim/Witness Services, call the Victim’s Advocate (State Attorney’s Office) at (618) 783-3115.
- To get a certified statement of a criminal conviction, call the Clerk of Circuit Court at (618)783-2524.
Jasper County, IL Crime Statistics
In 2019, over 100 criminal incidents were reported in Jasper County, IL. Of the complaints filed, more than 50 were against property crimes. Instances of violent crime accounted for the remaining half of all annual complaints, which is an unusually high rate.
In the property crimes category, burglary and larceny-theft led to the filing of 32 and 18 complaints respectively. In the violent crimes category, 34 cases were filed against aggravated assault and over 13 against rape.
Jasper County, Illinois, has a reasonably low crime rate when comparing criminal incident figures with the national and state averages. Overall, the area’s total crime index stands at 27, significantly lower than 100 of the United States and 97 of Illinois. In terms of specific incidents, theft accounts for the highest incident rate with an index of 61. Yet, this figure, too, is lower than the country and statewide averages.