Once an active warrant comes into effect in De Witt County, Illinois, there is no way for the person against whom the order has been issued to evade arrest. Such detention decrees stay in the police system as outstanding warrants for several decades and are never really recalled back after issue.
Errors that are merely typographical do not provide enough reason to contest the release of an active warrant. The only time arrest warrants from De Witt County might be struck down is if it is clear that the evidence no longer points to the accused’s involvement in the crime, and another person has since been found responsible for the act.
Given the irrefutability of the evidence available in the matter when an active order is issued, it becomes imperative to conduct a warrant search before you make any critical decision about a personal or professional associate. An inquiry about the outstanding warrants against an individual can be accomplished through multiple government agencies.
The forerunner in the list of state offices that can be approached for a search on arrest records from De Witt is, of course, the sheriff’s office. To get in touch with the police headquarters, you can go to 101 W Washington St, Clinton, Illinois 61727. Two judicial agencies also make it to the group of departments that provide warrants searches in De Witt; these are:
- The office of the magistrate: 201 W Washington St, Clinton, IL 61727
- The office of the clerk of court: Same as above
Can you get any information pertaining to De Witt County warrants and arrest over the phone? (2021-Update)
- For information on recent arrests, call the De Witt County Jail at 217.935.2913.
- For arrest records and incident reports, connect with the Sheriff’s Office at 217.935.9507.
- To report a crime, use the phone number of non-emergency dispatch- 217.935.3196.
- For victim’s assistance and information, call the State Attorney’s Office at 217.935-7810.
- For information on initiating a criminal case search, call the Clerk of Court (Criminal and Juvenile Division) at 217.935-7751.
Crime Statistics of De Witt County, IL
In 2018, approximately 80 crimes were reported in De Witt County. Of the complaints filed more than 75 were against property crimes. The annual average of violent crimes stood in single digits. Of the total number of property crimes reported, larceny-theft accounted for the maximum number of complaints at 44 incidents while cases of burglary followed closely with 33 complaints.
De Witt County, IL receives the highest number of criminal complaints against robbery and burglary, with risk indexes for both crime categories going well above 50. In contrast, the murder and robbery rate is relatively low, with risk averages of around 10.