In legal speak, an active warrant from Menard County, Illinois, can be defined as an order from the local tribunal with criminal authority to apprehend an individual suspected of committing an illicit act. The issue of arrest warrants means that the police have enough grounds to accuse an offender of a nearly criminal act.
The sheriff’s office is expected to furnish all case-related data to the judiciary when they need an active warrant in Menard County. This is done to ensure that the sitting magistrate has no problems in clearly pinpointing the probable cause on which the warrant is based. Often the information presented in the police affidavit alone is not enough to fulfill this criterion.
In this case, the witnesses may have to testify before the magistrate to provide enough evidence against the alleged offender. After this, the arrest order, which is known as an active warrant at this point, is handed over to the sheriff’s office representative almost immediately. From here, these arrest warrants are sent to the department’s crime database.
If the order is executed as required, information about the custodial detention and the subsequent procedure is included in the arrest records repository of Menard County. However, if, for some reason, this decree cannot be served, it does not expire, nor is it recalled by the judiciary.
Instead, the document goes through a name change and is then called an outstanding warrant; this is stored in the appropriate databases maintained by the police, the judiciary, and the clerk of court. So, if you want to initiate a warrant search in Menard through any of these agency offices, you need merely go to:
- The sheriff’s office: 107 South Seventh St, PO Box 476, Petersburg, Illinois 62675
- The magistrate’s office: 102 S 7th St, Petersburg, IL 62675
- The county clerk’s office: P.O. Box 456, Petersburg, Illinois 62675
Can you get any information pertaining to Menard County warrants and arrest over the phone? (2021-Update)
- For information on recent arrests, bond-related details, inmate records and services, and visitation, dial the phone number of Menard County Jail- (217) 632-2273.
- To request an incident report, arrest records and information on active warrants, call the Sherriff’s Office at (217) 632-4458.
- For victim’s assistance and information, call the State Attorney’s Office at (217) 632-2524.
- To find out more about requesting criminal court records, call the Clerk of Court at (217) 632-2615.
Crime Statistics of Menard County, IL
In 2019, the Menard County Sheriff’s Department handled nearly 50 criminal cases, which include 40 property crimes and 10 violent crimes. The annual average of 40 complaints was almost 15% higher than the yearly crime rate of 2018, which saw the filing of 35 cases. In the property crimes category, burglary accounted for 10 complaints while instances of larceny-theft brought in 14 cases. Of the cases filed against violent crimes, 2 were against rape and the remaining were against aggravated assault.
Of the 80 plus criminal complaints lodged in Menard County, IL, less than five were attributed to violent crime. However, property crime rates were relatively high, at nearly 50% of the annual crime average. The crime categories that contributed the most to this were burglary and theft, with incident rates of 14 and 23.