An active warrant is issued in Warren County, Illinois, only when there is enough proof in a criminal matter for a reasonable person to accuse the individual of the illicit act. Legally, this is known as probable cause, and this prerequisite has to be fulfilled before a warrant can be handed out to the sheriff’s department.
The judiciary’s job is to ascertain that this clause is met before the release of arrest warrants. While the police play an essential role in warrant issues, it is not up to them to decide on the probable cause. This authority has been taken away from the cops to ensure that local law enforcement is not given free rein to arrest an individual.
However, once an active order comes to life, there is no keeping it down. If the local police cannot execute it, it will merely turn into an outstanding warrant over time; information on such a detention decree will then be relayed to all law enforcement officials across the country. The order is made part of the central FBI crime repository.
Arrest records related information from Warren County is also kept by multiple state agencies. Among them is the clerk of court’s office, the magistrate’s court, and of course, the sheriff’s department. For legal matters of a civil nature, the appropriate tribunal’s records are maintained with authority to deliberate in such cases. A warrant search in Warren County can be undertaken through:
- The sheriff’s department: 121 North A St, Monmouth, Illinois 61462
- The magistrate’s court: 100 W Broadway, Monmouth, IL 61462
- The clerk of court office: As given above
How do you get information on Warren County arrests and warrants over the phone? (2021-Update)
- To file a non-emergency complaint, get information on arrests and warrants, contact the dispatch phone number at (309)734-8383.
- To file a request for arrest records, incident and accident reports and local criminal history information, call Sheriff- Administration at (309)734-8506.
- To contact Victim/Witness Services of the State Attorney’s Office, call 309-734-8476.
- To learn more about accessing judicial records for criminal cases, call the Clerk of Circuit Court at 309-734-5179.
Crime Statistics of Warren County, IL
In 2019, nearly 213 offenses were reported in Warren County. Of these, around 25 were violent crimes while the rest were complaints pertaining to crimes against property. The violent crime rate included aggravated assault (17) and rape (7). The property crime rate included larceny-theft (132), burglary (44), motor vehicle thefts (9) and arson (2).
In 2011, over 200 criminal incidents were reported in Warren County, Illinois. Property crimes accounted for almost 100 acts, while violent crimes only contributed 7 cases to this cumulative figure. In terms of crime category, theft and burglary incidents ranked the highest with an instance rate of over 50 and 40 occurrences.