An arrest warrant search in Cumberland County, IL, facilitates information about the criminal history between the state’s justice network and the community. This is done to ensure that people are kept in the loop about the criminal occurrences in the area and the perpetrators responsible for these nefarious acts. The endeavor is aimed at enhancing public safety.
To this effect, the police, the judiciary, and the county clerk’s office, which is also a part of Illinois’ judicial network, work towards offering information on Cumberland County arrest records and outstanding warrants. To access this data, you will need to go to any one of these agencies’ offices. Fill out a form, and after paying a small fee, you will be given a complete background report.
The county clerk’s office works a bit differently; they will let you access their repository of court dockets. This database contains information on criminal as well as civil cases. So, when you are looking for Cumberland County arrest warrants, you are also likely to find details on the civil matters started by or against the subject.
As far as the police go, you will not just find information on active warrants from them but also a most-wanted list and crime figures for the area. Ditto for the judiciary; the magistrate’s office can provide details on arrests, bench warrants, summons, and criminal wants. To connect with these departments, go to:
- The sheriff: PO Box 56, 166 Court House Square, Toledo, Illinois 62468-0056
- The magistrate: 140 Courthouse Sq, Toledo, IL 62468
- The clerk of court: PO Box 146, Toledo, Illinois 62468
Can you get any information pertaining to Cumberland County warrants and arrest over the phone? (2021-Update)
- For details on recent arrests, police reports, accident reports, arrest records and criminal records, get in touch with the Sheriff’s Office at (217) 849-2571.
- For victim’s services and information on orders of protection, contact the Cumberland County State Attorney’s Office at (217) 849-2311.
- For information on initiating a case search and accessing judicial records, call the Circuit Clerk at (217) 849-3601.
Crime Statistics of Cumberland, IL
The overall crime rate of Cumberland County halved between 2018 and 2019. As compared to the nearly 30 complaints filed in 2018, the local police only received approximately 14 complaints in 2019. Of the cases registered, 13 were against property crimes, with larceny-theft complaints taking the lead in this category. Violent crimes led to the filing of 2 complaints.
Cumberland County, Illinois, has a violent crime rate of almost 20 incidents, while the total yearly incident figure stands at 74 complaints. At nearly 30% of the annual crime average, the area has one of the highest violent crime rates in the state. Burglaries account for the maximum number of reports filed against property crimes at 40 instances, while in terms of violent crime, assault ranks the highest with almost 20 occurrences.