Ignoring an arrest warrant is not a wise decision. Arrest warrants give law enforcement officers the authority to apprehend and detain you until you can be brought before a judge for a hearing. If you suspect that you have an outstanding warrant for your arrest in Henry County, you should immediately contact an attorney. However, suppose you do not want to get an attorney. In that case, you can perform a warrant search on your own but beware that you may be arrested immediately if law enforcement officers identify you as the person named in an active warrant. First, to begin a warrant search in Henry County, start by searching for open criminal cases through the court system.
One way to find arrest warrants is to look for open criminal cases because most cases will begin with an arrest warrant. Fortunately, you can search the court cases filed in Henry County online by accessing Henry County’s case index. The case index provides necessary information about court actions, including criminal cases, without the necessity of going to the courthouse. However, if you want to get copies of court records, you must visit the Court Clerk’s office at 307 West Center Street in Cambridge, IL 61238. The telephone number for the criminal division is 309-937-3573.
The second step in your warrant search should be a visit to the Henry County Sheriff’s Office. The office is located at 311 West Center Street in Cambridge, IL 61238 (telephone: 309-937-3616). Until the Sheriff’s Office serves an arrest warrant, it is considered an outstanding warrant and will remain active until it is executed. The Sheriff’s website explains how the public can access the records, including arrest records and outstanding warrants. You can even download a form to take to the office to request records.
How do you get information on Henry County arrests and warrants over the phone? (2021-Update)
- For an incident/accident/arrest report, contact the Records Division at (309) 937-3616.
- For details on recent arrests and inmate arrest records, dial the phone number of Corrections and Jail Information- (309) 937-3940.
- For getting case-specific information about a criminal complaint filed by you, call Criminal Investigations at (309) 937-3906.
- For general information and to file a non-emergency complaint, call the Sheriff’s Department at (309) 937-3911.
- For information on civil processes, including bench warrants, get in touch with the Civil Process and Business Office at (309) 937-3970.
- For criminal case court dates and criminal judicial records, contact the Clerk of Court at (309) 937-3573.
Henry County, IL crime data
To begin with, the crime rate of Henry County was in double digits, and in 2019, it plunged by 15% to reach a low of 57 complaints. Of the reports filed with the Henry County Sheriff’s Department, more than 50 were against property crimes and around 6 were against violent crimes.
Henry County has not reported crime statistics, so little is known about this county’s crime rates. However, for the State of Illinois, the rate of crime between 1999 and 2008 decreased by almost twenty-five percent. The rate of violent crime in Illinois dropped by roughly thirty percent for the same period.